Monday, March 30, 2009

Friday, March 27 - Carol Calling!


... and I'll take her over Avon any day!! My friend, Carol Humphrey, came calling on Friday. She arrived at my office with homemade Italian Cream cupcakes in hand. Joe Orr, one of my co-workers, taste tested them for me while Carol took me out to lunch, and when I got back, he warned me that I better not eat them because they weren't any good. As soon as he said that, his nose grew about an inch, so I knew he was fibbing, and that was definitely confirmed when he walked out the door with another one in hand "for his wife!" I'm betting that it was eaten on the trip home instead of it getting to poor Sue! Carol also brought a couple of boxes of goodies for the upcoming garage sale, including her bread machine. She said that she tested it out the night before to make sure it still worked, and after she gave her husband a piece of hot homemade bread with butter, he tried to talk her into keeping it! Jimmy, just remember, she is looking out for your best interest ... but we'll be happy to sell it back to you on Saturday, so come early or it may be gone!!

No comments: